John Deere Dealer, selling tractors, combines, sprayers, riding mowers, commercial equipment is AHW; Arends Hogan Walker, your source for new and used tractors, combines, sprayers, riding mowers and commercial equipment in east central Illinois and western Indiana.
Our Name, Our Logo, Our Heritage
Our Name: AHW is an acronym for Arends Hogan Walker LLC, which is the official company name. Starting in March of 2012 we started to do business as simply AHW LLC!
Our Logo: The symbol of the logo is comprised of a sphere and two triangles. Each point of the triangle symbolizes the three original companies founding families. Two triangles joined together denote the merger of the two companies, Arends and Hogan Walker. The sphere encompassing the triangles represents our planet and AHW’s commitment to providing “World Class” service to all our customers.
Our Heritage: Our heritage begins with Arends Brothers dating back to its founding in 1932. Hogan Implement Company and Walker Sales were both founded in 1973. All three families come from a farming background and made customer service a core priority of their businesses. Longevity and heritage, which is the foundation of John Deere, is also clearly embodied in AHW!
Hogan Walker LLC, John Deere Dealer with facilities situated in Northeastern Illinois was formed when two neighboring dealer’s organizations, Hogan Implement Company based in Dwight, Illinois & Walker Sales, Inc. based in Morris, Illinois, merged in December 1997 to form Hogan Walker, LLC.
Hogan Implement Company History
Two brothers & farm businessmen, Richard & Rodney Hogan, founded the Hogan Implement Company in January 1973. After a few years of operation, their sons Sean & Michael became the major owners & operators of the business. Hogan Implement Co was dedicated to providing the very best service possible. From inception this was their primary goal. With their roots in farming (dating back to the 1800’s in the United States) the family has realized the importance of skillful & timely equipment repair. This standard was firmly entrenched in the basic percepts of the company. Growth resulted from two approaches: expanding sales in the Dwight trade area and expanding the trade area itself through acquisition of neighboring John Deere dealers as they became available for sale.
Walker Sales, Inc. Company History
Prior to the formation of the Walker Sales, Inc., Dick Walker spent time working for Hyster Corporation. Having been raised on a farm in Mazon, Illinois, the urge to return to agriculture remained with Dick over the years. The opportunity to follow his dream was realized by becoming a John Deere dealer. Walker Sales began in 1973 in Morris, Illinois. In 1974 a new facility was built 5 miles north of Morris. Over the years Walker Sales kept expanding this facility. Complete customer satisfaction became the goal that was constantly strived for.
The Formation of Hogan Walker
In the summer of 1997 Sean Hogan, Michael Hogan, Dick Walker, and Dick’s son Brian held a series of meetings exploring the possibility of joining forces. The outcome of those discussions was the formation of Hogan Walker LLC in December of that year. Hogan Walker flourished and has grown to six locations in Dwight, Manteno, Somonauk, Morris, Elburn, & Watseka. Dwight functions as the administrative hub of the organization. Hogan Walker has also expanded its product base, adding contracts for John Deere Commercial Sprayers and Scraper Tractors. Commitment to specialized training & retention of the most talented individuals, cutting edge technologies, and total dedication to our ever-evolving customers has allowed Hogan Walker to deliver “Service you can depend on from people you can trust.”
Arends Bros. LLC
The Arends Family has served the agricultural community as a John Deere dealer for over 75 years. In the fall of 1932, Henry Arends, with his sons Roy and Walt, acquired the franchise selling John Deere agricultural equipment in Melvin, Illinois. Among their first sales that fall were a model “D” tractor with steel wheels and a Model “C” 2-bottom plow. After 2 years, the business was moved from the back of a grain elevator to a large brick-front building that housed the dealership for the next 43 years.
In 1946, Phil Arends joined his father Roy in the business. By 1948, Phil’s brother Rick had also joined the operation. Soon after, the name was changed to Arends Bros., Inc.
In 1979, after more than 40 years of expansion on Main Street in Melvin, the dealership was moved to the town’s east side. This location was expanded over the years to serve the growing needs of the business until it occupied a 14-acre location along Illinois Route 54. Growth then transformed the business into a multi-store operation that served a wide area of East Central Illinois and Western Indiana. Additional store locations in Hoopeston, Urbana, and Ashmore, Illinois increased the crew to more than a hundred hard-working and talented people.
Arends Bros. Today: Dedicated to the
Best Parts and Service in the Business
Arends Bros. has a multi-faceted approach to success. Their clean modern facilities are well-lit and organized, allowing the crew to serve customers quickly and efficiently. Service packages are designed to get machines inspected, maintained, adjusted, and repaired in a timely way, giving customers the best chance of avoiding expensive breakdowns in the field. Their fleet of 50 service vehicles is loaded with tools and trained professionals, and backed by a well-stocked parts inventory.
Arends Bros. has always considered itself a family business, honored to carry the family name forward through the years. The Arends name has a reputation for honest dealing, professional conduct, and excellent customer service. They work hard to earn and maintain this outstanding reputation for service to farmers.
AHW Purchases 3 dealerships in Indiana
In October 2014, AHW LLC announced the addition of three John Deere dealerships in western Indiana to the AHW family. These stores are located in Crawfordsville, Williamsport and Rockville, Indiana.
AHW is very pleased to serve the Ag community in these markets. We bring with us more resources, more parts inventory, more equipment inventory and our ‘Solution Center’ technology. We believe we are poised to serve the area in bigger and better ways. There is no doubt that AHW can provide Tomorrows Solutions Today to our customers.
AHW Purchases Heath's Inc. in Monticello, Illinois
In February 2015, AHW LLC announced the acquisition of Heath's Inc. in Monticello, Illinois. Heath's Inc. has served Piatt, Dewitt and Macon counties since 1924 and have been great community partners. AHW has a commitment to provide excellent customer service to the Monticello location. AHW is pleased to be a part of Monticello and look forward to serving the area.